Dear Middle School Students and Families,
I hope you have had an enjoyable and relaxing summer. The summer continues to be busy as we prepare to welcome students. For the incoming 7th grade students, a few important dates to bring to your attention are:
• August 21st 7th Drop-In Night from 5:30-7:00 pm.
• August 28th 7th Grade First Day We will run an abbreviated schedule
on this day from 8am – 1pm.
• August 29th First day for all students
• September 18th Middle School Open House from 6:30-8:00.
We have a few personnel changes in the Middle School for this coming year, including Ms. Julie Gervais who will be taking the place of Kristin Corrigan as a science teacher on the Dream Team. Ms. Clara Baker has been hired as the XStreme Team math teacher to take the place of Monica Kelley and Maria Lovelette will replace Will Gochberg as our math interventionist.
Enclosed in the newsletter is a copy of the Middle School bell schedule. Please remember our day has been lengthened this year until 3:05. As a reminder students will receive a copy of their schedule when they report for the first day. Some of the highlights of the schedule/procedures include:
- 1. The Middle School will continue to use a combination of letter grades and rubrics to track student progress.
- 2. An intervention block will continue to provide support for students in need of math and reading assistance. Those not needing the intervention will have enrichment with a core teacher. Interventions are targeted and some students may not be in an intervention all year.
- 3. We also encourage you to log on to www.mvupowerschool.org to track your students’ progress. User names and passwords can be obtained by contacting Laurie Kilbury at 868-7311 ext. 133 if you are in need of a new copy. Seventh grade parents may pick up usernames and passwords on Drop-In Night.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 868-7311 extension 168 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may also contact Laurie Kilbury. We look forward to a productive and safe year at MVU working with students, families, and teachers to provide a respectful learning environment.
Daniel A. Palmer
Middle School Assistant Principal